[Owasp-board] REMINDER _ Re: URGENT CONTRACT FOR OWASP SUMMIT 2017 - Re: Proposal of Costs: Woburn Forest - Owasp - 12.06.2017

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at owasp.org
Fri Jan 27 00:43:28 UTC 2017

Seba and Dinis

I'm not speaking for Matt, but with the changes outlined and with Laura's
approval, I will support this event.

I'm going to put aside $150k for this event from the general budget, plus
whatever you've managed to raise from the other projects (I will work out
this from various e-mails). You must live within this budget, and it's not
for spending and not returning to OWASP. I expect all conferences to be
profitable for OWASP as training and conferences are our major source of
income. AppSec EU often costs us $250-350k per year to stage, and we get
back between $300k and $400k back, so a profit of around $50k per major
appsec conference in your region. I think you've severely underestimated
costs, but I'm not going to stand in the way of people who are very
energised and want to get things done.

Let's make this a success.

thanks
Andrew