[Owasp-board] REMINDER _ Re: URGENT CONTRACT FOR OWASP SUMMIT 2017 - Re: Proposal of Costs: Woburn Forest - Owasp - 12.06.2017

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at owasp.org
Mon Jan 23 01:08:31 UTC 2017

Please continue to work with Laura, our events manager. Asking for Board
intervention will just slow you down. We need all events to be properly
planned and not trying to side-step processes so they can be sustainable
and successful. One off events do not help long term.

I think the Board is broadly supportive of new well planned events, so if
the nature of the event has changed, let's make sure we are briefed on the
new direction.

This event's indicative costs are right up there with AppSec EU, the
proposed AppSec Middle East (which is paused due to law / regulation
changes), and AppSec Cali, and we have lead times of over 12 months for
each of those events. We make allowances for them because of that. Please
work with Laura. I cannot re-iterate this strongly enough.

As this is a big expense, it needs to be budgetted for and OCMS + Laura is
the right way to go here, so we can make sure everything is done and
checked off and nothing is forgotten. Matt Konda and I will need to
countersign once an approved budget is brought to us.

thanks,
Andrew