[Owasp-board] REMINDER _ Re: URGENT CONTRACT FOR OWASP SUMMIT 2017 - Re: Proposal of Costs: Woburn Forest - Owasp - 12.06.2017

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Sat Jan 21 20:19:34 UTC 2017

This is not all about the money.  The ramifications of OWASP signing the
contract is that we would be liable for the event of a for-profit company.
This event was reviewed by the Board, using the information available to
us, and we unanimously voted that the OWASP Foundation should not be
supporting this event.  This should include chapter donations, signing
contracts, and event registration.  The company that stands to profit from
this event should be the one to sign the contracts and obtain funding for
it.

~josh