[Owasp-board] 2017 Dates, Time, Places

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Tue Jan 17 12:49:54 UTC 2017

@Entire 2017 Board

Typically the first order of business for then new year is the agenda for
the year and how things will operate. This is NOT set by the secretary
rather the collaboration of the elected officers and the Chairperson.
Therefor your above comments are important for the discussion. @Matt /
@Johanna here are several options to resolve ASAP and communicate your
leadership plans

Option A
Keep meetings 1hr including closed executive sessions as posted

Option B
Allocate 3hrs for board meetings 2 hrs for boar topics and 1 hr for
executive session. As soon as primary public business is completed move
into executive session

Option C
Host meetings quarterly allocated for the full day and have two of the
meetings in person or face to face. Team building, discussion and working
sessions. Q1 and Q3 dates to be determined. Location to be random and
potentially hosted by one of the board members for local logistics (meeting
rooms, hotels etc)

Option D
<$insert a better suggestion>

This should not be to hard to resolve and does not require any staff of
contractors to attend to have only a quorum. Having it open to the public
and recorded is a tradition in the sport of our radical transparency.

Please advise ASAP so we can adjust schedules accordingly and unless we
hear otherwise These we're already posted I believe by Matt K in 2016 for
2017 https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Board

Per seat ion 3.03 of bylaws
https://www.owasp.org/images/e/e1/OWASPByLawsOfficial-25Sept2015CLEAN.pdf
In not aware if by motion it was approved or not as official, I defer that
@Tobias to clarify for us.

Tom