[Owasp-board] At-Large Roles for 2017

Tom Brennan tomb at owasp.org
Fri Jan 13 20:30:19 UTC 2017

Isn't that the role of the board chair to work to defined and assign special projects to board members as defined in the bylaws?

If your looking for elective items those are likely already defined in the "WHY ME" of why they were elected in the first place..  (see campaign promises)

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Matt_Konda_2016_Bio_%26_Why_Me%3F

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Johanna_Curiel_2016_Bio_%26_Why_Me%3F

https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Andrew_van_der_Stock_2016_Bio_%26_Why_Me%3F

Example for this term I was elected and want to see focus on
- website front end and backend overhaul
- 501(c)3 / 501(c)6 corrections for education, outreach and member benefits
- projects overhaul

The website project is budgeted and moving ahead handed off to staff now for implementation

The project overhaul goal is in progress as we worked together to hire Matt T as a full time technical leader and gave him a framework to implement his plan as well as implementation of a active community manager

And the governance items are aligning, we will do so more with assistance from council and 3rd party.

All of those are planned outcomes

And yours and Tobias and Michael
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/2015_Global_Board_of_Directors_Election#2015_Candidates_-_.284_Board_seats_up_for_election_in_2015_for_the_2016-2017_term.29

In addition I am happy to take on local and global member concerns, endorse motions and help out where I have the time to do so... when in quorum but that and those are my primary objectives that are moving forward.

But to me it seems like you are suggesting focus groups, committees etc awesome but that is outside the bylaws. If you want to focus on X do it, want to start a call for committee go

Regardless 2017 by vote has put Matt and Johanna in leadership as chair and cochair we will follow their lead and work while in quorum on efforts in front of us.

Tom Brennan | Mobile: 973-506-9304  | Schedule vMeeting: Click Here