[Owasp-board] Time Zones

Matt Konda matt.konda at owasp.org
Sat Feb 4 15:03:12 UTC 2017

Good discussion.  I can never believe how tricky this is in practice.

Johanna, I believe you are in the EU and you adjusted a lot at the last
minute for the last meeting so I would really like to make this one a more
suitable time for you - and as I understand it, I *think* Tom's proposal
won't work well for you where you are.

Since we're also fast approaching the date and changing the time, I'm going
to push the meeting back a week.

You will receive an invite for 2/15 at 15:00 EST/ 12:00 PST / 14:00 CST /
7:00 Sydney / 21:00 Amsterdam / 4:00 Hong Kong:
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2017&month=2&day=8&hour=20&min=0&sec=0&p1=24&p2=722&p3=842&p4=240&p5=224&p6=102&p7=16

Per the feedback on the thread, I set up a staggered schedule for future
meetings to try to spread the early/late times across board members.
Please take a look and correct me if my assumptions about good/bad times
are wrong.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kol0PTc0P2hu6xkmkG7umPnNjLGw06Wou56Ee_575rg/edit#gid=0

Please update the agenda page with any actions and provide background so
that the discussion can be crisp and informed:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/February_15,_2017

Looking forward to the meeting.

Matt

On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 9:07 PM, Andrew van der Stock <vanderaj at owasp.org>
wrote:

> I think Johanna is back in the EU at the moment, so UTC+1? This would make
> it 2 AM for her and Tobias when Tobias is back in Germany.
>
> I like this schedule for obvious reasons (midday is great for me!), but I
> am okay with the concept of moving the pain around on a quarterly basis, as
> this works with our 25% non-attendance requirement if a meeting is
> scheduled at 2 am, as long as you can attend all the other times.
>
> thanks,
> Andrew
>
> On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 12:26 PM, Josh Sokol <josh.sokol at owasp.org> wrote:
>
>> Personally, I would much rather spread the pain around each meeting than
>> follow this schedule.
>>
>> ~josh
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 11:38 AM, Tom Brennan <tomb at owasp.org> wrote:
>>
>>> @Elected 2017 Board
>>>
>>> Quick look at the updated primary locations/time zones  of our 2017
>>> board around the world and here is what I came up with as the "reasonable"
>>> time for everyone to connect on a call for business.
>>>
>>> https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?y
>>> ear=2017&month=1&day=23&hour=1&min=0&sec=0&p1=24&p2=722&p3=8