[Owasp-board] OWASP Summit 2018 - event submitted for approval in OCMS

Seba seba at owasp.org
Thu Aug 31 05:53:10 UTC 2017

hi Matt,

we asked for 150K seed fund, but got 50K. Never 150K.
we were able to refund the 50K to the foundation: the first summit was
break-even (at least according to our own calculations).

signing the contract does not commit you to provide us with the seed fund,
we should be able to at least have the same results as this year.
actually we will try to create a profit for the foundation.

our parallel requests are:
1) to have this recognized and supported as a global event
2) to get 100K seed fund to cover travel of owasp volunteers that cannot
pay for their own travel (any profit will also cover these costs).

I hope this clarifies our request?

regards

Seba