[Owasp-board] OWASP Summit 2018 - event submitted for approval in OCMS

Matt Konda matt.konda at owasp.org
Thu Aug 24 05:20:53 UTC 2017

Seba,

Consider it added to the agenda.  Due to timing I’m going to suggest we discuss online as well and at the meeting as needed.

I have a few questions:

1.  What is the best way to see the financial results from this year’s summit?

2.  How do these results compare with other global events?  You mentioned it broke even, I believe that is with the “seed fund” which in theory was a “loan”.  So this feels like an investment for the Foundation, unlike the other global events.  Correct me if I am mistaken anywhere.

3.  Can you talk about the overall results?  (Lots of great things that came out of this year’s summit?)

4.  How did the virtual part of the summit work out?  ($100K is a lot to spend on travel.)

5.  Does it make sense for OWASP to have another summit event in the UK?  I see positives to this for sure.  I’m just wondering if the broader community is comfortable with this.

Thanks,
Matt