[Owasp-board] Congratulations

Michael Coates michael.coates at owasp.org
Tue Sep 20 16:16:32 UTC 2016

Thanks Tom. Happy to chat more with anyone who's interested.

Overall I think VSA will be another organization to help provide visibility
and standardization to the security landscape. Instead of having each
company (who is doing diligence on a potential vendor) apply a their own
custom security evaluation of a potential vendor, which are often in unique
formats and cause vendors to start from ground zero, the idea is to move to
a standardized approach. Through standardization there's an opportunity to
provide greater visibility to expectations, advance the state of security,
and enable vendors to prepare for a standard approach with customers
(enables speed and simplifies engagements).

"In collaboration with the VSA, top security experts and experienced
compliance officers will release a yearly questionnaire to benchmark their
risk. Companies can leverage this questionnaire to qualify vendors and
ensure the appropriate controls are in place to improve security for
everyone."

More to come there.

--
Michael Coates | @_mwc <https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=_mwc>