[Owasp-board] Regarding Budget 2017- Allow OWASP members to participate

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Fri Sep 9 00:31:25 UTC 2016

*Larry*

*Curious to know what you suggest. *

*Currently we have the following:*

   - *Open board mailing list*
   - *Open board meetings with published agenda and minutes*
   - *Recorded board meetings available for review*

*Are there other approaches that you think would help?*

Just a s Michael mentioned, there are enough channels to kind of 'monitor'
what the board does.
Just make sure you are subscribed to the board list and you will see all
the exchange emails on Board issues that are openly discussed.

Lets remember our core values:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/About_The_Open_Web_Application_Security_Project

We indeed have all the tools to 'listen' what is going on but communication
should work both sides.

Right now my concern is that we don't have the right tools to actually
submit our issues to the Board and that these are properly follow up.

I find myself harassing board members for answers sometimes, like, when
will the Financial reports of 2015 be ready, or why Iranian leaders cannot
be accepted as Owasp members.

Can we use the contact form for this? Does the board have access to
Salesforce in order to follow up the issues or questions raised by the
OWASP members?

Can we actually set a proper process so the community concerns don't get
lost or forgotten?

This is of course, if we consider these values still valid.

Core Values

*OPEN Everything at OWASP is radically transparent from our finances to our
code.*

*INNOVATION* OWASP encourages and supports innovation and experiments for
solutions to software security challenges.

*GLOBAL Anyone around the world is encouraged to participate in the OWASP
community.*

*INTEGRITY* OWASP is an honest and truthful, vendor neutral, global
community.

--
Johanna Curiel
OWASP Volunteer