[Owasp-board] [Owasp-leaders] Regarding Budget 2017- Allow OWASP members to participate

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Thu Sep 8 14:56:27 UTC 2016

I'm curious if there are others who feel like a community vote should
happen for the OWASP Foundation annual budget?  I agree with Johanna that
this is a decision that has a huge impact on the OWASP community, but the
OWASP Foundation Bylaws do not specify any process around membership voting
for anything other than the Board of Directors for the Foundation.  Not
only would a vote on the budget be a first for the Foundation, with no
proper guidelines around it, but I have some concerns about a vote not
really equating to a consensus, based on past turnouts.  And then there's
the issue of timeline...

So far, I haven't really heard any feedback on Andrew's budgeting proposal,
other than Tom and I, and I would really like to know if there are others
who feel strongly about this topic before we consider the logistics
involved with a community-wide vote on a topic that has historically been
handled by the OWASP Foundation Board and staff.

~josh