[Owasp-board] Madrid Protocol Est.

Tiffany Long tiffany.long at owasp.org
Thu Sep 1 20:45:40 UTC 2016

We will not be applying for the same marks on the Madrid Protocol so they
are entirely separate.  In particular we will be applying for "OWASP" which
is a fantastic name case (meaning we made it up), this is the strongest
case to apply for.  The reason we were turned down is that "Open," "Web,"
"Application," "Security," and "Project" are generic terms identified in
the dictionary and used in denotatively correct ways.

If we wish to wait until our copyright is approved (which might require
disclaiming our name) we can.

I should note that copyright is for one color.  If we want to include
multiple colors or backgrounds, it will be more.

Tiffany Long
Community Manager