[Owasp-board] Matt Harrigan and The Conservative Gateway

Tiffany Long tiffany.long at owasp.org
Mon Nov 14 22:43:23 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

All we currently know about Mr. Harrigan's association with OWASP is that
he lists himself as having been on the 209-2011 BoD for San Diego.  Because
OWASP does not currently track the boards for each chapter due to the fact
that they are informal association under the foundation's structure, we
cannot without a doubt deny that he ever had association with us.  If we
were to try to say this only to be proven wrong it would look quite poorly
on OWASP.

We have publicly noted that he is not associated with us currently and
requested that the blog correct it's article. As other sites quoting that
portion of the article are brought to our attn via reference or google
alerts we can reach out to them.

We have posted to our blog about the situation and shared that on our
social media.  Currently I am writing an email to note that information to
be sent to any cases regarding this situation.

I think it best that we keep a calm and informative front to the community
and world at large so that we may project confidence in our word and
brand.  If we do wish to bring Perlman and Perlman in to the conversation,
they would largely only be able to help us with the blogger.  If you feel
that this behavior warrants a possible law suit then I stand behind you,
but if it is going to blow over quickly now that we are responding then
further activity right at this moment might just drive more attention.
Best,
Tiffany

Tiffany Long
Community Manager