[Owasp-board] Budget Strategic Goals and Deliverables 2017

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at owasp.org
Thu Nov 10 22:10:53 UTC 2016

Johanna,

Agreed, which is what Matt Konda's Google doc from the other day was about
- setting stretch and measured goals for each of the areas we are looking
at. Matt and I talked about getting someone in to help us set strategic
goals, and I think it would be good now that we have a known Board for 2017
to get that happening, so we can work out what we WANT to DO in 2017, and
make sure it actually happens.

I want to make sure that we have a strong distinction between strategic
goals, and budgets. We should not be calling budget things strategic goals,
and vice versa.

I will be using the Cash Forecast style of budget sheet that we've used in
previous years, but the budget request sheet that Tom Pappas sent around
the other day is my preferred budget request form as a) it tracks* what,
when, and why* you want to spend something. We need that because it's
unlikely that you'll spend every last cent of your budget request on
January 1, and we have some big dips in operational cash, particularly
historically between March and May each year, so we need to even things
out. I want out most prioritized budget requests to be able to do their
thing without hindrance, such as the website rebuild, so this is important
to get right.

thanks,
Andrew