[Owasp-board] Petition budget for OWASP Bug Bounty 2016-2017

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Thu Nov 10 20:57:27 UTC 2016

Hi Josh

While I agree ZAP has funds, I think we need to support the best projects
we have. We should provide a support framework to our Flagship projects,
which is definitely part of the support we should provide as an
organization to outstanding project and project leaders.

The funds ZAP has at the moment, have been donations they have received,
they have not cost anything to the foundation. I believe the more we invest
in the best projects we have, helps OWASP as organization to profile as
leading in secuirty and continue the amazing work project leaders like
Simon have reached. ZAP is one of these project that rarely or never have
made request from community funds , so why not help to improve and support
their quality with this?

Indeed, CRSFGuard has no budget and so far has had no submissions , sadly
enough. Other projects like Sanitizer and Encoder have had some and the
idea is to see if with some monetary incentives, we can receive more
submission so the security of the projects can improve too.

Also every project that falls within the criteria can be part of the Bounty
and help improve the quality and security of their project. I believe we
should support this. Our flagship projects definitely deserve more support
and care.

I'm planning to set this as goal. Project leaders need more support that
they are actually receive , especially our top projects

Cheers

Johanna

--
Johanna Curiel