[Owasp-board] Petition budget for OWASP Bug Bounty 2016-2017

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Thu Nov 10 20:31:18 UTC 2016

Hi Bil

>>What are the proposed bounty amounts?
>>Who decides which bugs qualify and how much is paid?  What happens when
the $6k runs out?

That mostly depends on the type of Bug. For example ZAP team can decide how
much they will pay for a certain bug. Each bug can be classified from low
to High, being high the highest you can pay, but the amount can be defined
by ourselves

Example

Low ==>USD50
medium==> USD 100
High==> USD 500

First come first served. The first one to report gets the prize.Old bugs do
not count.

If we run out of budget this year we can:
Make a new request or
we go back to Kudos ;-P .

It can also happen that no-one finds anything and the money will be
reserved until it is.

>>And to gauge the flow of funds, pretend you had been paying a bounty, how
much would you have paid so far on the already-received bugs?

Nothing, since the program at that moment was running on Kudos. The bug
hunters receive Points that help their ranking, that was the initial
motivation but many do not just do it for these purpose but financially.
Cheers

Johanna

OWASP Volunteer