[Owasp-board] Budget Strategic Goals and Deliverables 2017

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Thu Nov 10 20:20:51 UTC 2016

Sure Matt

The sheet is just an example, and the purpose is to have a total overview
for all board members where we stand with initiatives, their goals, time
planning and the budges tight to them. The sheet will probably need
adjustments based on real budgets, activities & priorities.

Once we have a ED, it will be possible to report based on each strategic
goals ,the activities and initiatives tight to them and how we stand as
organization towards these goals.

Whether these initiatives are driven and lead by staff, they also need a
budged and proper time planning, or wether these are purely driven by
volunteers with staff support is very important that we also have a total
overview and how the staff can prioritize their time based on the goals and
the activities attached to them

The staff can also create their own planning based on priorities and be
able to plan and report their accomplishment  with deliverables to the ED.
We as a board should not be concerned to manage the staff and how they
achieve or execute them ,as long as it is clear which are the priorities,
that they have the resources to accomplish them and able to report to the
ED.

I also think we need to establish monthly reports based on the activities
and goals and how we stand, they need to be SMART.

We want to reach many goals but we need to analyze the activities we are
doing and how they actually will help us achieve those goals, also to be
careful that we are not making the classic mistake to overload what is
possible within a portion of time.

For me as a board member, I want to be able to have a total picture of
this, and would like to help getting this overview with all our activities
and the amount of time it takes to accomplish them, who is accountable for
them and at the end we can evaluate how well or not did we in the execution
of the plans.

Cheers

Johanna

--