[Owasp-board] MOTION: Allocate up to $500 to Chapters and Projects with balances less than $500

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at owasp.org
Thu Nov 10 14:11:39 UTC 2016

And to give you an idea of why this is fair, Orlando will be hosting AppSec
USA next year, and will receive a massive amount of funds after the
profitability is worked out. But right now, they have $26 in their account.
Taking this to $500 doesn't put on AppSec USA.

If Orlando want to run lots of interesting chapter meetings between now and
next year to drum up more volunteers so we can actually run AppSec USA,
which is hugely volunteer driven, they should come talk to Tiffany and see
about some community engagement funding. This is why the activity based
model is fairer, because it makes no assumptions about the chapter or their
needs.

thanks,
Andrew