[Owasp-board] MOTION: Allocate up to $500 to Chapters and Projects with balances less than $500

Tony Turner tony.turner at owasp.org
Thu Nov 10 13:48:58 UTC 2016

Maybe these metrics would be more meaningful once you remove the outliers. Comparing revenue opps for a rural chapter to one capable of running a major conference is a really unfair comparison and hugely skews those numbers. Additionally, there are more chapters than opportunities to support such events, and sponsors tend to be focused on certain geographies like Bay Area, Boston, etc in the US. Likewise, comparing active to nonactive chapters and their spending patterns is also misleading. What if we keep this motion on the table but re-evaluate what constitutes an "active" chapter from a funding perspective? Stop focusing on the folks with huge pots of unspent money when discussing chapter financial health (OK with redistribution) but stop pretending like everyone else is in the same financial situation. It's just not accurate.

Sent from my iPhone