[Owasp-board] Permission to create exceptions to committees 2.0

Bev Corwin bev.corwin at owasp.org
Wed Nov 9 01:35:44 UTC 2016

Hi Matt, Thank you. Interesting points worth considering from traditional
learning, however, learning is changing for the adult learners, including
universities. I've also developed and taught for universities, served on
Advisory Boards for award winning certifications, as well as been a
"trainer" for various professional trainings, and Education Program
Director, and the truth is that things are quickly changing. It would be
sad to see OWASP try to re-invent the "old" wheel so to speak, spending
large resources, ultimately not serving the members, or the larger
professional communities. In any case, I think that it makes sense to have
the Education Committee weigh in on this approach. The academics that
actually attended the meetings, and voiced their interests in creating open
source curriculum deserves consideration. Also, I'm not sure if Andrew is
"on spot" with some of these things, so better to clarify. I prefer not to
undermine anything that he had intended. Best wishes, Bev