[Owasp-board] Compliance committee?

Noreen Whysel noreen.whysel at owasp.org
Thu Mar 31 12:48:42 UTC 2016

I just received a separate email from an Indian chapter leader copying a message from Milan Singh Thakur to all India chapter leaders. The message was to introduce Nitin Panday as the OWASP India leader but the tone is overly harsh, including a threat of legal action against chapters who don't comply with OWASP rules.

My understanding was that Milan and Nitin would serve in an advisory role for planning the next AppSec India event. That OWASP India has not been a formal chapter for several years now and mainly served as an advisor to the global foundation around issues concerning a US firm doing business in India, up until around the time the former leader Dhruv Soi moved out of India to Dubai. There is no legal role, no budget, no funding allocation, and no direct control over other India chapters.

Noreen Whysel
Community Manager
OWASP Foundation