[Owasp-board] Brand Usage Guidelines

Noreen Whysel noreen.whysel at owasp.org
Fri Mar 25 21:54:02 UTC 2016

Yes. it was Mozilla's that focused more on the colors and graphical
elements of the logo. I agree that Apache has more detail on use of Apache
project logos and the long lesson on trademark principles, but the
guidelines themselves are really only more detailed in that they have an
example of text one might use.

I have a concern about the language of the examples in that they might be
understood too narrowly. I think our language is clearer. I would
definitely consider linking to information on fair use, but not sure we
want to include a long section on legal terminology for our audiences. A
link is fine.

If we divide the rules graphically into sections it could be easier to
understand. I like how they have a separate section on using it for
conferences. We should probably have a section on project logos, except
there is the caveat that they are not trademarked. Our main logo is at
least in process with USPTO.

Noreen Whysel
Community Manager
OWASP Foundation