[Owasp-board] Brand Usage Guidelines

Noreen Whysel noreen.whysel at owasp.org
Thu Mar 24 22:52:34 UTC 2016

I reviewed the Mozilla and Apache branding guidelines and guidelines surrounding use. For the my part, they are less detailed than ours and focus more on how the logos should look than on allowable uses.

I adopted some of their language to clarify non-endorsement and included a new section on non-endorsement. I have it in a Google doc that I shared with the board and shared the suggested changes via the Branding Guidelines Discussion page on the wiki and posted links in my Community Manager report for the Board meetings. I do recall a board discussion re getting advice from Mozilla's lawyers but I don't remember getting anyone's contact info. I'd be happy to reach out to them if you can point me to those details.

Noreen Whysel
Community Manager
OWASP Foundation