[Owasp-board] Brand Usage Guidelines

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Thu Mar 24 19:31:52 UTC 2016

Your response confuses me.  I'm not so much concerned about this one
specific incident, but rather, the bigger issue of Brand Usage Guidelines.
We went through this topic just a few months ago when discussing the
Benchmark Project and some of the brand usage around it.  We talked about
what we wanted to see out of these guidelines.  We pointed at companies
like Mozilla as an example.  We provided contacts to hopefully get some
assistance from their lawyers.  My thoughts on this is that we need to
re-write our brand usage guidelines and, if I remember correctly, that had
Board support and a directive to Paul to make it happen.  My expectation
was that the staff would come back to the Board with a new guideline in
hand ready to go.  Not sure if others had that same expectation as well.
It sounds like we've made a couple sentence changes rather than an
overhaul.  If the staff needs more support on this, then we should form a
working group, but I feel like we need to make major progress on this
sooner rather than later.

~josh