[Owasp-board] Brand Usage Guidelines

Jim Manico jim.manico at owasp.org
Thu Mar 24 18:08:16 UTC 2016

As someone who traditionally has been very aggressive about brand usage,
I agree with Noreen. This is part of the corporate sponsorship where big
sponsors can use a logo that states "They Support OWASP". If Dr. D is
concerned with abuse then I suggest we review that on a case be case
basis. If a vendor is using an OWASP logo or brand to directly imply
that OWASP supports their product or service (ala
Aspect/Benchmark/Contrast) then I think we have a responsibility to take
action.

Dr. D is also a very active multi-year volunteer who has done great
things for us. Let's make sure we drill down in the abuse case that
triggered this and look at it closely.

Aloha,
Jim