[Owasp-board] Brand Usage Guidelines

Martin Knobloch martin.knobloch at owasp.org
Thu Mar 24 14:12:07 UTC 2016

Hi all,

There is a bit more background to that. When the question originally was
raised, I was still acting Comliant/Whistleblower officer.
The logo the discussion is about is not the OWASP Foundation Logo (O with
an wasp), but the "German Chapter Supporter logo".

The previous sponsor contract for the German OWASP Day, the local OWASP
Germany event, stated free use of that logo.
The logo (see attached) states "German Chapter" and in the second line
"This company supports the the OWASP German Chapter" with and
German-branded OWASP Logo.

This is has been rejected by me not being an complaint issue, as

   1. The German chapter sponsor contract allows free usage of this logo
   2. The logo clearly and not understandable states this company [using
   this logo] supports the German chapter, not that the company nor any
   service of that company would be supported or forwarded by the German
   chapter.
   3. The sponsor contract does only allow the usage of the chapter
   supporter logo.

Let me know if you need more background info

Regards,
-marti

--
Met vriendelijke groet,
-martin

Martin Knobloch
OWASP AppSec-Eu/Research 2015 Conference Chair
OWASP Netherlands Chapter Leader

Email: martin.knobloch at owasp.org
Mobile: +31623226933
Twitter:  @AppsScE