[Owasp-board] Oh no, not again...

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Wed Jan 27 16:39:19 UTC 2016

Running a conference is hard work and often times important things like
speaker diversity can get overlooked when the team is simply looking for
great speakers.  It's not a good excuse, just a fact.  Ultimately, I agree
with Andrew.  I wouldn't go so far as to say that we should implement some
sort of affirmative action program requiring a quota, but maybe allocating
a slot or two at each conference for the Women in AppSec initiative to fill
would be cool?  Part of the problem might just be that the social network
of the team planning the con doesn't include a lot of "Keynote" women in
security.  We (the Board) and our networks can and should help with that.

~josh