[Owasp-board] Hyatt Data Breach

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at owasp.org
Mon Jan 18 05:54:24 UTC 2016

So the hotel we used was one of those breached. Anyone who stayed
additional days, used the hotel's parking, gym, and other amenities might
be at risk.

Do we make a statement to owasp-community? I think we owe them that at
least, something along the lines of:

"OWASP uses a conference registration payments system that is separate to
Hyatt.

However, our hotel for AppSec USA 2015 was one of those Hyatt has indicated
was breached:

   - Payments made to OWASP through our conference registration system are
   not part of the Hyatt breach
   - If you used your card directly at Hyatt for items such as gym access,
   car parking and so on, you might have been breached
   - Check your credit card statements for any suspicious activity
   - If you do spot suspicious activity, please contact your bank and Hyatt
   directly

For more information about the breach, please see
http://www.hyatt.com/protectingourcustomers/

Thoughts?