[Owasp-board] Wiki RFQ

Tom Brennan - OWASP tomb at owasp.org
Sat Jan 16 16:19:48 UTC 2016

Lets all be sure to all focus the goals of the investment effort;

1) business workflow analysis of staff processes documentation and
automation with improvements to core Salesforce system the runs the
backoffice and community services to the visitor/consumer of data/project
user/project leader, chapter member, chapter leader etc.

The goal is to increase efficiency of processes with technology systems
deployed (do more with less) identify gaps and processes that can be
documented, streamlined and potentially automated with NGO.

Step #1 is have a 3rd party business process expert with NGO engaged.

Adding, incorporating gamification of volunteer activities including those
connected to GoogleDocs / MediaWiki etc..etc.. is in scope.  Key job
functions as it pertains to interfacing with volunteers and core business
is analyzed from chapters to projects. This will happen with a 3rd party
business analyst who has worked on non-profits with proven experince with
organizations and growth stages as OWASP and has a focus on NGO (
http://www.salesforce.org/introducing-ngo-connect/ )

Resulting data will be then proposed for adjustments to the existing
deployed tool NGO that has been in place since 2009 with limited
customization and this will be merged with the results of the Mediawiki
upgrade/update/refresh/refine plan

2) WIKI
simpler navigation, simple content, wiki updates, clean up, streamlining
etc. is associated task and part of the project but with independant work
streams.

** HISTORY HERE when it stalled the last time
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/RFO_Web_Design

In summary we need the business analyst to drive the technical change as a
3rd party and is a strategic goal for 2016.

Have a great weekend.

Tom Brennan
Global Board of Directors / NYC/NJ Metro Chapter Leader
(d) 973-506-9304

OWASP Foundation | www.owasp.org

--
The information contained in this message and any attachments may be
privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise protected from