[Owasp-board] Vote by email: Establishing OWASP Regional Security Councils

Tobias tobias.gondrom at owasp.org
Wed Jan 13 15:19:18 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Josh, thank you very much for explaining the basic operation of the
board to Tom.
Frankly I was a little surprised about his approach. As he was already a
board member before and has been part of the mailing-lists over a long
time, I thought the procedure would have been clear. But maybe we need
to provide better documentation. Hopefully your explanation could
already help with that. If more information is needed, we could offer
some additional explaining in an individual call outside the regular
meeting to explain the basic procedure again if that helps.

One more comment: topics that shall lead to a vote or board discussion
should be at least cc'ed to the board list. That is the purpose of that
list.

Best regards, Tobias

Ps.: btw. if volunteers from the regions like to create regional boards,
this can be done already today without a vote. There is the committee
2.0 procedure that allows for that. No board vote required. All it takes
is the volunteers who want to do the work and spend the time for it. :-)