[Owasp-board] Hyatt Data Breach

Paul Ritchie paul.ritchie at owasp.org
Mon Jan 4 16:35:06 UTC 2016

Hi Josh, All.

On the OWASP Foundation side our Conference registration system for
payments for attendees to training and seminars is not via Hyatt.
We generally use the 3rd party apps through our Sales Force DB, or via
OWASP's RegOnline acct.
Occasionally we "may" pay some hotel catering or A/V bills via the OWASP
Credit card.....but we also do a reconciliation of the OWASP Credit card
statement, ** every single month **.

I can see some potential risk to our attendees, if they used their personal
credit cards to pay for hotel sleeping rooms, etc. at a Hyatt.  So, if they
did find a fraudulent charge on their personal card, they'd need to take
that up with Hyatt directly.
Paul

Best Regards, Paul Ritchie
OWASP Executive Director