[Owasp-board] OWASP guidelines for reviewing projects

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Mon Feb 8 19:32:49 UTC 2016

Sure Claudia

Also , it is very important that the project leaders that requested a
review, fills in the self-assessment form:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jG1X-BTeorpbvZ_JqVUG1jJIZQ1Kyo8hD-tovsb90Ls/edit#gid=376506152

Reason: We want to avoid that reviewers have to look for information that
is not so easy to find or not updated but required for them in order to do
the reviews.Project leaders are the best persons to provide this
information. If all information is provided to do the review, this
facilitate the work of the reviewer.

The project leader should also be aware about the review indicators
<https://github.com/jowasp/review-features> so he can determine for himself
in which maturity level the project is standing.

This already filters a lot of review work, if it is clear for the project
leader  that his project is not ready yet for graduation based on the self
assessment and review indicators criteria.

If the potential reviewers can get involved looking at the criteria for
comments, feedback or questions, it will help them understand it much
better.

Cheers

Johanna