[Owasp-board] ACTION REQUESTED: 2017 Roles / Executive Director (8) Applicants

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at owasp.org
Thu Dec 22 02:47:52 UTC 2016

If I had to go to the US on short notice, I would prefer it to be at LA, as
that's a 15 hour direct flight for me, whereas any other location adds a
few hours.

I'm for a F2F meeting, but let's get it booked as early as possible as
fares < 30 days out are expensive in peak times (it's summer holidays
here).

Also, Tobias still has a year to run. Johanna is incoming as of Jan 1,
Jonathan is retiring as of Dec 30.

As for not updating the Board Votes, I agree more should be done as we are
an open and transparent organization. IIRC, Tobias made it clear when Jim
stood down that he needed Foundation staff support to take on the Secretary
role, so he needs to make sure that someone from the staff is delegated to
ensure that minutes are taken, uploaded, votes and attendance tracked,
which the Secretary can then review. I think this model should go forward,
so the buck stops with the Secretary (whomever they are), but they aren't
necessarily the person taking the minutes or updating votes or uploading
audio recordings.

thanks,
Andrew