[Owasp-board] ACTION REQUESTED: 2017 Roles / Executive Director (8) Applicants

Bil Corry bil.corry at owasp.org
Tue Dec 20 18:08:14 UTC 2016

Hi Tom,

I agree that face-to-face meetings are ideal, but they do cost the
Foundation the most to execute (flying all Board members into a single
location) and in this instance, it's not even a regularly scheduled
meeting, but an emergency meeting that the Board itself caused through
inaction.

I was asking if this in-person meeting was being held in lieu of the one
later in the year so that at least the cost of it would be a wash in the
budget.  But if the Board is planning to have the Foundation fund multiple
in-person meetings in 2017, please make sure that it is captured in the
2017 budget and it would seem action is needed to ensure this doesn't
happen again (either a Bylaws change, holding Board members more
accountable in some manner, etc).

- Bil