[Owasp-board] ACTION REQUESTED: 2017 Roles / Executive Director (8) Applicants

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Tue Dec 20 18:03:09 UTC 2016

Tom,

I support the notion of having this meeting, but cannot second it based on
the proposal to do this at AppSecCali.  My mother-in-law is in her final
stages of battling cancer and all trips are on hold for me, currently.
That said, if we could have the location be Austin, I can help with making
the arrangements and would have no issues attending.  There are non-stops
here from NY/NJ, Dallas, and San Francisco to make it easy on you, Michael,
and Matt.  I'm not sure where Bil, Johanna (missing from this chain), and
Tobias will be coming from whenever we set this up.  Andrew is,
unfortunately, going to draw a short straw on travel from Australia
regardless.  Either way, I do feel like this is important and requires
immediate attention.  I'd like to make a friendly amendment to your motion
to instead do an in-person Board summit, in Austin, TX, January 17, 18,
and/or 19.

Goals:

   - Nominate and vote on Board roles for 2017
   - Create a new narrative for OWASP Executive Director and find new
   recruitment channels
   - Discuss long-term vision for the OWASP Foundation and how to get there
   - Discuss OWASP brand usage guidelines

~josh