[Owasp-board] 50K seed fund request (WAS: UPDATE FOR 14-DEC board meeting (WAS: input for Board meeting tomorrow 30-Nov - 150K seed fund request for summit 2017)

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Tue Dec 13 10:50:56 UTC 2016

Hi Seba,

if I understood well:
Funding total request is : USD 50K

   - Samm project already donated USD 10,000
   - London Chapter donated USD 7,500

So you already have for this summit USD 17,500
Still need the following funding: USD 32,500

You would look for funding through:

   - Other Chapters
   - Sponsors
   - Project Summit budget in EU merging with this summit

Let's say that a total of 20K is allocated for the EU Summit
then hypothetically a total of USD  37,000 is already.

Funding the other USD 13K through donations, sponsorship seems realistic
and reasonable within the time frame.

Than also means the Project Summit EU won't take place during Belfast but
in this DevOpsSec summit i London

What I would like to know is:

   - Location/Venue cost for this summit, (please choose one that makes it
   more affordable to be, no super fancy stuff)
   - IS this summit similar to the Google Mentor summit? (un-conference
   style) or do you have a program in mind? (for some things like working on
   the Wiki, Github clean up seems ok)
   - If project leaders will get the possibility to apply for funding as
   with other project summits. (Claudia and Matt have stipulated participation
   rules which determine who can submit a request in past summit and seems
   reasonable to do the same here)
   - Project leaders if they have enough budget in their project, can use
   them for this opportunity

Cheers

Johanna

Could you confirm with me if this is correct and actually,

--
Johanna Curiel
OWASP Volunteer