[Owasp-board] ticket

Tiffany Long tiffany.long at owasp.org
Tue Aug 16 21:40:01 UTC 2016

Hey Johanna,

When one applies to become a paid member they cannot choose the Iran
because it is illegal for OWASP to exchange funds with anyone in Iran due
to American law.  This is true no matter how many years we have had a
chapter there.  Curacao does not exist on the menu because it went inactive
and we are right now in the process of making it active again.

OWASP ZSC faces a similar problem as above, but one which we are currently
working to fix.

I am sure you are aware that every function of OWASP is seen to by a staff
of 7.  It is unfortunate that this case came in while 4 of us were catching
up from a week of conferences and while staff is negotiating the summer
holidays.  We appreciate your patience on the matter.

Best,
Tiffany

Tiffany Long
Community Manager