[Owasp-board] ticket

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Tue Aug 16 21:20:54 UTC 2016

My answer including the list:

Hi Tifanny

Iranian Chapter exists more than 4 years ago, Curacao Chapter too and they
do not appear in the drop-down list when you want to become an OWASP
member. Even worse, many projects in that list are actually dead.

Look, I'm very aware of issues handling these kind of requests, which can
take time, but, the fact that 1 person is gone, should not stop the entire
organization to function. I mean, we should be able to handle this with a
backup person, and this is a configuration issue in the system and it seems
that Kate is the only one able to do that?  And that this info has not been
updated, reflects the actual situation including outdated projects

Then again, this is not the first time we submit issues that we get no
answer like weeks. In this case Kate is back on until the 21 and by that
time these issues will be waiting for more than 2 weeks.

Again this lack of administration in a growing global organisation is
becoming problematic

It has to do with the WASPY because in order for people to be member and
vote on WASPY or for a BOARD member , they want to be able to allocate
their membership to a chapter or project they belong to. Otherwise they
cannot be members.

Hope this clarifies it.

regards

--