[Owasp-board] Waspy is it a serious award?

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Mon Aug 15 23:09:39 UTC 2016

>>In the end, there are a number of challenges to tackle, the WASPY’s need
a tweaking, not a complete reconfiguring.

I'm sorry to say that I disagree with your statements. I think you need to
look deeper at the data and history of these awards before making such
conclusions.

Last year I was nominated for the 'caribbean region' for things I did at
global level, like organise Project summits or review projects, actually
nothing to do with my local chapter. WhenI saw that, I almost reacted like
Eoin, wanted to take my name off that list, but hey I commented to a board
member and decided to just leave it. In the end I never received the award
;-P

I asked all people that know me very well : please do not nominate me ever,
these awards do not reflect at all the reality of what we do as volunteers.

Then this year out of no where there are no regional awards. And even less
nominees.

Are you sure that this only needs a 'tweaking'?

If thats the case let's not waste time with committees.

--
Johanna Curiel
OWASP Volunteer