[Owasp-board] Waspy is it a serious award?

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Mon Aug 15 18:55:19 UTC 2016

>>Tiffany can help to make the WASPY results more meaningful.

We can start by defining what exactly is the WASPY award for:

   - Create a survey and ask the community how to define and award that
   fits OWASP spirit and ideology
   - Create Clear categories
   - A more transparent nomination and vetting process

I also think that if only the paid members can nominate & vote, this does
not represent a 'community' vote. This should be discussed.

It is clear that every year there has been more lack of participation in
the nomination and voting process and every year this awards gets weird
with unpredictable changes between categories and regions.

Some better instructions should be provided regarding the conditions for
nomination.

The board should set this item in the agenda to be discussed. My suggestion
is that Tiffany can help define a draft for a better process but this
should definitely be discussed with paying members and the OWASP community
in general. Once there is a clear proposal, then the Board as the final
responsible, should take a decision.

--
Johanna Curiel
OWASP Volunteer