[Owasp-board] Waspy is it a serious award?

johanna curiel curiel johanna.curiel at owasp.org
Sun Aug 14 19:25:34 UTC 2016

Eoin: Did you get the 'physical' award last year?' I wasn't in appsec us so
I was awaiting to being sent.

Mine never arrived😁😭

And, apart from a physical award, what else do people actually win?

Vetting process... is there something wrong with the description for those
categories?
Who is making the clear decisions regarding this vetting process or better
said: is there even a process?

For those people nominated multiple times I see that the description
provided quite fits the category and reason for nomination.
last year was worse, some people description and reason was empty.😬

And btw this year, don't we have 'per region' awards?
Why are things change from one moment to another without being discussed at
all with the community or at least the paying members who are the only ones
that can actually vote...?

--
Johanna Curiel
OWASP Volunteer