[Owasp-board] We've seized defeat from the jaws of victory. Again.

Tom Brennan - OWASP tomb at owasp.org
Tue Apr 19 14:00:17 UTC 2016

Agree with Josh.

OWASP has efforts and when people care enough to work on them great things
happen

example:
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/Women_In_AppSec

http://2013.appsecusa.org/2013/activities/owasp-women-in-application-security-appsec-program/index.html

I personally don't feel that we need to administrate any special program to
cater to any sex, color, religion, demographic, but rather content in our
technical community.  If you have the mojo submit it you will likely bubble
up to selection 1) Person has the skills needed
2) person participates in or creates open-source OWASP project  = auto-win.

If you really want to bring in a demographic for women it is rather simply
to reach out to our friends at organizations such as:

http://www.womenintechnology.org/

or

http://girlswhocode.com/

to ask for a speaker

Just like you would want to do if you were looking for any other segment in
the market category such as Veterans in Technology http://vet-tech.us/
..... although this is US centric...

But in summary if that is a GOAL of the foundation and we have a staff that
can make it part of event planning then your issue should be resolved.
Until then, all we can do is encourage EVERYONE to submit the CFP.

Another example, I am doing a event in NYC 5-October and the CFP has just
opened www.nymjcsc.org this event is comprised of multible professional
associations and shares the same goal of diversity so the trick is to reach
out to targetted topics/demographics/contacts and try to put together the
best program that we can do as volenteers.

In closing diversity makes a great event inline with our goals
https://www.owasp.org/index.php/OWASP_Strategic_Goals

Tom Brennan
GPG ID: DC6AA149 | Fingerprint: 12A6 9978 45BB 1562 C921  B228 BD0F D9C6
DC6A A

OWASP Foundation | www.owasp.org
Tel:  (m) 973-506-9304

Need to book time with me to discuss an existing or a future project click
on my virtual calendar http://www.proactiverisk.com/brennan

--
The information contained in this message and any attachments may be
privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise protected from