[Owasp-board] Initial Funding for OWASP Bug Bounty Program

Matt Konda matt.konda at owasp.org
Mon Apr 18 15:07:09 UTC 2016

Josh,

I would support putting some $ behind this.  Definitely a bounded small
initial commitment but $.  That will result in better faster feedback IMO.

I think we need to make sure we think through how it gets used.  90% to a
smaller lesser known OWASP project and 10% to ZAP for example might be a
possible problem.  Do we have a rule that project committers can't receive
bounty?  :)

We could start with a few projects and do the kudos approach and match
funds that those projects want to use.

I defer to the team that is focused here, just wanted to share my thoughts.

Matt