[Owasp-board] [Owasp-leaders] Projects Vs Chapters

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Mon Sep 14 16:37:22 UTC 2015

The Board should be reviewing the budget for 2016 in the next few months so
it is an excellent time to make such a proposal.  We just need to know what
kinds of activities we are looking at and how much we need to make them
happen.  We can then look at anticipated revenue vs expenses in order to
determine if there is room in the budget to make it happen.  For reference,
the 2015 budget shows OWASP at a loss of around $105k for the year.  Not an
issue given the funds currently in reserves, but we did budget to spend
more than we brought in so there's not a ton of room to work with there
unless we add revenue or eliminate expenses.

~josh