[Owasp-board] Board Priorities
jim.manico at owasp.org
Wed Oct 21 11:54:28 UTC 2015
I asked Paul what he thinks the board should be working on. We have a
lot going on and it's easy to get lost in the shuffle. I think Paul's
list is a great start and I'm adding this to the board wiki as a new tab
for us all to edit and enhance over time. Love the wiki - a nice public
place to put this.
Cool? And thank you Paul for all of these great ideas and notes. Super
= First suggested priority of Board: ==
* What are the top 5 "Initiatives" we want, or believe the OWASP
Community should be focusing on? (Areas that should receive our time
effort & money.)
Other ideas for board consideration to 'lead', facilitate, participate,
or simply encourage & others to do it (cheerlead).
= Marketing =
* General PR & Marketing the OWASP Story - Promote ourselves more!
* Crank up a Recruiting program - Both Corporate & Individual.
* Project Review & Project Platform - good progress, keep it going
* "more" volunteer engagement to provide more diverse review would be good.
* New Project Ideas - Where is industry going, where will it be in 5 years?
* Project Summit support & funding
* International Chapter / Region support & funding
= Training =
* Training is OK now....but what do we want to do here? Business as
* Update current project level training docs, or
* Begin some form of Curriculum for Academic use?
= Wiki =
* Focused WG to take action on Wiki Cleanup & ease of use.
* Consider funding larger wiki cleanup and migration effort (Jim)
* Liaison with other Orgs
* ID those Developer groups and go to their conferences & meetings
* ...just a few, but caution is to approach 1-2 at a time and get an
* Regulatory policy (lobbying). OK, if its is a hot topic to
some....then BoD should encourage it and help first set of people get
that WG started and provide small set of guidelines on Advocacy vs.
* Crank out true press releases or blogs say on quarterly basis when we
have couple public releases.
* Consider WG and provide small set of guidelines on Advocacy vs. Lobbying.
Global Board Member
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Owasp-board