[Owasp-board] Contrast Marketing / OWASP Benchmark Project

Andrew van der Stock vanderaj at owasp.org
Tue Oct 20 22:31:20 UTC 2015

Agreed. As I noted in one of my earlier e-mails, we need to:

Ensure that all projects that aim to provide benchmarks or a certification:

1) are free of conflicts of interest, both perceived and in actuality in
project leadership
2) are substantially contributed by more than one vendor or tool to
demonstrate independence and impartiality
3) vendors using these benchmarks and tools do not make claims that are
contrary to existing OWASP logo and brand usage guidelines

We should address 3) immediately as we don't need to make any changes to
any project governance nor any logo or brand usage guidelines. I feel that
this could be an e-mail from Paul on behalf of the Foundation.

thanks,
Andrew