[Owasp-board] Timing of Board meeting agenda items

Paul Ritchie paul.ritchie at owasp.org
Fri Oct 16 22:15:40 UTC 2015

Hello Tobias, Andrew, Board:
I also will take some responsibility for our extended discussions on the
funding proposals.  Many could have been called to vote earlier.

However, I am encouraged by the increased discussion and wanted to ensure
all had their say.
Frankly the proposals seem straightforward, but they do have strategic and
cultural impact on the community and I wanted to see that fully discussed.

Our smaller chapters are now given an incentive with this funding to 'be
active', and share leadership with a 2nd leader'.
Our larger chapters are now engaged in the budget/planning process, AND
encouraged to put those chapter funds to work 'for owasp'.

Proposal 6 is a good way to stimulate activity by saying "look what other
Chapters & Projects have done, you can do that too!"

my 2 cents.  Paul

Best Regards, Paul Ritchie
OWASP Executive Director
paul.ritchie at owasp.org