[Owasp-board] Motion to approve Proposal 6

Josh Sokol josh.sokol at owasp.org
Fri Oct 16 21:30:39 UTC 2015

Tobias,

The full proposal has been under discussion since I originally sent it on
9/24.  While officially motioned and seconded at the OWASP Board Meeting on
9/25, you pulled "Parliamentary Procedure" to table it for further
discussion.  Jim resurrected that discussion immediately after and while
much of that fell into a blackhole due to the mailing list issues, I took
the feedback for this specific initiative and copied it into a separate
discussion thread here
<http://lists.owasp.org/pipermail/owasp-board/2015-October/016223.html> on
10/9.  So, for you to tell me that we require three additional days, when
we have already had just short of a month worth of discussion already, I'm
not sure I understand.  If we were making progress, then that would be one
thing, but as you stated in the meeting, you very clearly feel like this
proposal is extra effort (I do not) and that we should continue to utilize
the same broken process that we have in the past.

In all fairness here, I made the motion on 10/13 (3 days ago) and it was
seconded by Jim on 10/13 (3 days ago).  I stated that unless there was
anything new to add, then I voted "Yes".  Jim voted "Yes" as well.  You
responded with "I can not see a point in voting now via email, if the next
board meeting is within a day. This is a waste of time."  It was not
discussed at the Board meeting so my motion shall resume.  There has been
almost a month worth of time for comments on this.  Unless you have an
alternative wording to propose instead, then the discussion has been had
and we need to vote.

~josh