[Owasp-board] Motion to approve proposal 3

Noreen Whysel noreen.whysel at owasp.org
Sun Oct 11 16:19:33 UTC 2015

Regarding this proposal, there will need to be a corresponding definition
of active in the handbooks. Right now there is only an implied definition
that an active chapter is one that fulfills minimum requirements. This is
not stated explicitly. There is a line in Chapter 2 that say is at least 4
chapter meetings per year is "recommended" to be considered active.

In my audits, the decision to inactivate a chapter is discretionary, not
prescriptive: Preceding the decision to mark a chapter as inactive, I look
to see if minimum requirements have been met. If not, is there a responsive
chapter leader or intention and action on the part of a chapter leader to
meet requirements? I give a week to reply to my inquiries to judge whether
the leader is responsive, and if they request it, a one month grace period
to get evidence of activity on the chapter page, after which I will mark
them active. (In practice it takes longer. There are a lot of open
inquiries at the moment).

The handbooks will need to have a definition of active to give meaning to
this proposals.

Noreen Whysel
Community Manager
OWASP Foundation