[Owasp-board] OWASP Funding Proposal

Paul Ritchie paul.ritchie at owasp.org
Thu Oct 8 16:26:02 UTC 2015

Hello Josh & Board:
I'm glad to see the community response on this with the clarifications from
Josh and the updated proposal.
I'm behind this proposal 100% since it jump-starts our smaller chapters,
and helps build a plan at the larger chapter level for putting some of
those 'idle' funds to work for OWASP.

Recall my implementation plan for Chapter Budgets from a month ago aligns
with this very well.   The only issue is the DATE of November 1 for Budget
proposals from the >$5K Chapters.  Is just 2 weeks enough time?  Sometimes
fast is good, although a 4 week time frame with a deadline of Nov. 15 may
be more reasonable.

The latest Chapter budget listing, or 'Donation Scorecard' as of October 2,
2015 is listed here, and it shows that 24 Chapters have >$5K.  But that
number will increase to 27 since we just 'credited' the profit split for
AppSec-California 2015 to San Diego, Santa Barbara & Orange Co, which will
move them over $5K.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11acTOmtmBGq6-5CIGsjlEByU8POSGqda0r23VNnhEGQ/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&output=html

Paul

Best Regards, Paul Ritchie